Happy Father's Day to guy who (with help) raised this crazy crew. You set the bar very high Dad, hope you have the best day ever!
To my brothers...you are such great fathers and I see Dad in each of you. You're kids are so lucky to have you & so are we.
To my husband...Happy 1st Father's Day! Watching you become a Dad deepened my love for you and only makes me admire you more. You are such a great Dad and role model for Declan, what a lucky, lucky, little fella.
Four years ago today I married thee most amazing man.
Four years and a baby later we are still giggling.
"Love, love, here we are" Pablo Neruda
Happy Anniversary to my better half :-)
It is going to be hard to narrow this down to 10 because a lot of things make me happy but I am going to focus on those things that give me that natural high, that feeling that makes your heart a puddle, it makes you say "can it get any better than this?" So in no particular order...
1. Sunset Beach, NC with the Kelly's is one of the two highlights of my year b/c I know at least for some portion of the week, we will all be together and it is wonderful.
2. Thanksgiving in Raleigh (2nd highlight). For the past 6 years we've been spending Thanksgiving in Raleigh as a family it's become one of my new favorite traditions. The Northern Kelly's make they way down and we all have a wonderful dinner at Brian & Laurie's and it's awesome.
3. Mass with Kyle and Declan, this makes my heart skip.a.beat.
4. Delcan's smile and giggle-AMAZING.
5. Maria and Julie.
7. Christmas Eve- there is a peace that blankets the night and it makes my heart swell.
8. Raising the American flag each morning at work while singing a patriotic song. I love America.
9. My Dad signing "I Really Love You" whenever we part ways.
10. Friday nights with a glass of wine and Kyle.
I miss my childhood. Don't get me wrong, life right now is awesome, and I am loving every single bit of it but I think a part of me will always miss my childhood. I guess that is a big attribute to my parents for making it so wonderful. I loved the Fall back home, leaves changing, playing outside with my brothers in the crisp Autumn air, and Trick or Treating around the neighborhood. I hope one day my kids will miss their childhood b/c then I know I did a good job as a Mom, when you yearn for something you so loved because it was so wonderful.
Today was my first day back to work since Declan was born & it went very well! It was wonderful to be back with my students and colleagues again. Kyle kept me updated all day which was super helpful/comforting and sent pictures all the time. 1 down...20 to go!!
Just goofing around on my last day home. Tomorrow I return to work so today I am making.this.moment.last.
Here are a few pieces of advice:
Be kind to everyone you meet.
Be the most positive person you know.
Don’t judge people.
Stay close to God.
Nothing good happens after midnight-George C Kelly Jr
I think like anyone I am most afraid of losing someone close to me,. I know death is eminent for all of us and hard whenever it happens, whether out of the blue or after months of battling a disease. I take comfort in knowing that with my faith I can get through it but I don’t want to ever have to face that.
I have an incredible job, well 2 now I guess, first I am MOM became one in January & that is the best job ever and I wish it was my only job but right now, it’s not. So…job #2: I teach students that are Deaf and Hard of Hearing. This job is challenging, rewarding, frustrating, inspiring, and awesome all rolled up into one. Each day brings a new opportunity to enrich and touch the lives of so many wonderful kids and I savor that. I have to the power to affect someone’s life forever and I work hard to make sure those students know they can do anything they want.
"Kindness is a language the deaf can hear and the blind can see"- Mark Twain